The Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional – NPM certification is granted to individuals who demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience with the Riverbed Cascade product suite. The typical RCSP-NPM will have taken a Riverbed approved training class such as the NPM200 Performance Monitoring Essentials course in addition to having hands-on experience in performing deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Riverbed Cascade products in small, medium, and large organizations. While there are no set requirements prior to taking the exam, candidates who have taken a Riverbed authorized training class and have at least six months of hands-on experience with Riverbed Optimization System (RiOS®) products and Cascade products have a significantly higher chance of receiving the certification. We would like to emphasize that solely taking the class will not adequately prepare you for the exam.
To obtain the RCSP-NPM certification, you are required to pass a computerized exam available at any Pearson VUE testing center worldwide.
Benefits of Certification
- Establishes your credibility as a knowledgeable and capable individual in regard to Riverbed Cascade products and services.
- May help improve your career advancement potential.
- Entitles you to use the RCSP-NPM certification logo on your business card.
- Enables you to join Riverbed’s RCSP Members only Splash community group.
- Exam Number: 299-01
- Exam Name: Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional – NPM
- Cascade Version: Up to version 10.0 for the Cascade Profiler, Express, Sensor and Gateway; version 10.0 for Cascade Pilot; version 10.0 for Cascade Shark and vShark, and version 10.0 for Cascade Express 460.
- Number of Questions: 65
- Total Time: 75 minutes for exam, 15 minutes for Survey and Tutorial (90 minutes total)
- Exam Provider: Pearson VUE
- Exam Language: English and Japanese only. Riverbed allows a 30-minute time extension for English exams taken in non-English speaking countries for students that request it. English speaking countries are Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, and the United States. A form will need to be completed by the candidate and submitted to Pearson VUE. There will be no time extension for candidates taking the exam in Japanese.
- Special Accommodations: Yes (must submit written request to Pearson VUE for ESL or ADA accommodations; includes time extensions and/or a reader)
- Offered Locations: Worldwide (over 4000 test centers in 165 countries)
- Prerequisites: None (although taking a Riverbed training class is highly recommended)
- Available to: Everyone (partners, customers, and employees)
- Passing Score: 700 out of 1000 (70%)
- Certification Expires: Every two years (must recertify every two years, with six month grace period)
- Recertification Criteria: Retake the 299-01 – RCSP-NPM current exam. If you are a RCSA-NPM certified, retaking the 299-01 – RCSP-NPM exam will also re-certify your RCSA-NPM.
- Wait Between Failed Attempts: 72 hours
- Wait Between Passed Exams: One year. This will be effective starting March 12, 2011.
- Cost: $225.00 (USD)
- Number of Attempts Allowed: Unlimited (though statistics are kept)
As the RCSP-NPM exam is geared towards individuals who have both the theoretical knowledge and hands on experience with the Riverbed Cascade product suite, ensuring proficiency in both areas is crucial towards passing the exam. For individuals starting out with the process, we recommend the following steps to guide you along the way:
- Building Theoretical Knowledge
The easiest way to become knowledgeable in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting the Riverbed Cascade product suite is to take a Riverbed authorized training class. To ensure the greatest possibility of passing the exam, it is recommended that you review the RCSP-NPM Blueprint and Study Reference and ensure your familiarity with all topics listed, prior to any examination attempts.
- Gaining Hands-on Experience
While the theoretical knowledge will get you partway there, it is the hands-on knowledge that can get you over the top and enable you to pass the exam. Since all deployments are different, providing an exact amount of experience required is difficult. Generally, we recommend that resellers and partners perform at least five deployments in a variety of technologies prior to attempting the exam. For customers, and alternatively for resellers and partners, starting from the design and deployment phase and having at least six) months ofexperience in a production environment would be beneficial.