The Riverbed Certified Solutions Associate – WAN optimization certificate is granted to individuals who demonstrate entry-level knowledge and experience with the RiOS® product suite. The typical RCSA-W will have taken a Riverbed approved training class such as the WAN200 Optimization Essentials course in addition to having hands-on experience in performing deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance of RiOS® products in small and medium organizations. While there are no set requirements prior to taking the exam, candidates who have taken a Riverbed authorized training class and have at least three months of hands-on experience with RiOS® products have a significantly higher chance of receiving the certification. We would like to emphasize that solely taking the class will not adequately prepare you for the exam.
To obtain the RCSA-W certification, you are required to pass a computerized exam available at any Pearson VUE testing center worldwide.
Benefits of Certification
- Establishes your credibility as a knowledgeable and capable individual in regard to Riverbed products and services, WAN optimization, and application acceleration.
- May help improve your career advancement potential.
- Entitles you to use the RCSA-W certification logo on your business card.
- Exam Number: 101-01
- Exam Name: Riverbed Certified Solutions Associate – WAN Optimization
- Version of RiOS: Up to RiOS version 3.6.0 for the SteelHead EX appliances and VSP; version 9.0.0for the SteelHead and SteelHead™ (virtual edition); version 9.0.0 for the SteelCentral™ Controller for SteelHead, version 4.0.1 for SteelHead Interceptor, and version 4.5.1 for the SteelCentral™ Controller for SteelHead Mobile.
- Number of Questions: 65
- Total Time: 75 minutes for exam, 15 minutes for Survey and Tutorial (90 minutes total)
- Exam Provider: Pearson VUE
- Exam Language: English only. Riverbed allows a 30-minute time extension for exams taken in non-English speaking countries for students that request it. English speaking countries are Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, and the United States. A form will need to be completed by the candidate and submitted to Pearson VUE.
- Special Accommodations: Yes (must submit written request to Pearson VUE for ESL or ADA accommodations; includes time extensions and/or a reader)
- Offered Locations: Worldwide (over 4000 test centers in 165 countries)
- Prerequisites: None, although taking a Riverbed training class is highly recommended
- Available to: Partners, customers, and employees
- Passing Score: 70%
- Certification Expires: Every two years (must recertify every two years, with six month grace period)
- Recertification Criteria: Retake the 101-01 – RCSA-W current exam. If you are a RCSA-W certified, taking the 199-01 – RCSP-W exam will re-certify both your RCSA-W and the RCSP-W.
- Wait Between Failed Attempts: 72 hours
- Wait Between Passed Exams: One year
- Cost: $150.00 (USD)
- Number of Attempts Allowed: Unlimited
As the RCSA-W exam is geared towards individuals who have both the theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience with the RiOS product suite, ensuring proficiency in both areas is crucial towards passing the exam. For individuals starting out with the process, we recommend the following steps to guide you along the way:
- Building Theoretical Knowledge
The easiest way to become knowledgeable in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting the RiOS® product suite is to take a Riverbed authorized training class. To ensure the greatest possibility of passing the exam, it is recommended that you review the RCSA-W Blueprint – Recommended Resources for Study and ensure your familiarity with all topics listed, prior to any examination attempts.
- Gaining Hands-on Experience
While the theoretical knowledge will get you partway there, it is the hands-on knowledge that can get you over the top and enable you to pass the exam. Since all deployments are different, providing an exact amount of experience required is difficult. Generally, we recommend that resellers and partners perform at least five deployments in a variety of technologies prior to attempting the exam. For customers, and alternatively for resellers and partners, starting from the design and deployment phase and having at least three months ofexperience in a production environment would be beneficial.